Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Peach Ice Cream Day? Get Out of Town!

So this week I went on a baking craze! I made beer bread, granola, cookies, and peach yumminess. My friend Michelle came in town and lets just say, she, like me, has the passion for baking as me (if not more). So you get us together and we're gonna bake something.

When we found out that June 17 was National Peach Ice Cream day, we knew we had to do something! So we went to our local peach stand (yes, Waco has a peach stand. . it may or may not be in front of a gas station, but its a peach stand) and they so yummy! We bought some Blue Bell ice cream and came up with something good!

I decided that we also needed to make homemade granola bars.



Here is the granola! Its
has oats, peanut-butter, honey, brown sugar, cranberries, pecans, and white chocolate chips!! Get it my belly!! (oh, and it did).








Michelle did an amazing peeling and slicing the peaches. Its her favorite. (hmm). We (she) sautéed the sliced peaches in some water, sugar, honey, and a tiney bit of cinnamon.
Once that was done we took the peaches out and made a sauce from the left over liquid from the peaches. EASY. Leave it on the stove for a few minutes and add some cornstarch and you got sauce. We invited couple of our friends over and we devoured it.

SO, also this week, a few of my friends and I were bored and had to think of something to do. So, we played this game called 60 minutes. Everyone writes down something random to do and turns them in. The thing is, EVERYONE has to do it. Well, I'm not gonna lie, our challenges were a little lame.

1. Get a piggy back ride from a stranger
2. Hide in the Wal-Mart freezers
3. Build a fort out of paper towels in Wal-Mart
4. Scream in the Brooks quadrangle and pretend like nothing happen
5. ( I can't remember).

What also ended up happening, was fake interviewing people (and getting told to stop) and eating a $1 taco with cow tongue. It was actually pretty good. I would get it again.

Now, I gotta go back to real life and start my homework by reading a novel. (I dislike reading). But as someone once said, "Readers are leaders!" So i'll just keep that quote in my mind.

PS. I made made cookies today. Another post soon!

Until Next Time: Enjoy life, do something random, & have fun.

Laney :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment