Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A walk in the park with an AMAZING breakfast for champions

Ok so I like to exercise! Its fun and its the only way for me to eat what I eat and not get fat hahaha! So my mom and I go on walks a lot (power walks). So we decided to go to Eleanor Tinsley Park in Houston. It was so nice! We actually got up IN THE MORNING and drive 45 minutes to this park. Now your probably wondering, "Why in the world would they drive that far to go walk in a park?!" Well thats a fair enough question. Besides the fact that it was just a nice change of pace. . . there was of course a restaurant around the corner that we really wanted to try. Baby Barnaby's. My mom and I have been to Barnaby's before and were very much impressed, so we wanted to try their breakfast only restaurant. Let me just say. . . best meal I have eaten. So good in fact that I ate two. . . thats right TWO whole breakfast plates.







The restaurant is KINDA like a little hole in the wall. But as oxymoron as this sounds, its a cute, fun, and quirky hole in the wall. Its super small, and has a maximum capacity of 35! WOAH. But I loved that fact. Its small, but it delivers LARGE portions, and BIG flavor. One thing I thought was super neato was this juice contraption. It freshly squeezed oranges, and threw the oranges in a bin. It was crazy. I watched that the whole time until my FOOOOOD came in. It was like a halo over food with a spotlight beaming off it. It landed on my table, and I was thinking, "Holy freaking moly." So what I got was a plate called Green Eggs. This would be scrambled eggs with monterey jack cheese and spinach and artichoke dip mixed in. I took the first bite and my mouth awakened to the best salty breakfast dish I have ever eaten. The eggs were cooked to perfection, nice and fluffy and the creaminess of the cheese and dip in it, practically melted in my mouth. With the eggs came potatoes and apple chicken sausage (delicious) and two pieces of wheat toast.
Ok so I ate pretty much ate that entire plate. The next plate was supposed to be for my mom AND I to share. An apple pancake. This was like no other pancake I have ever eaten. This was almost rectangular shaped and HUGE. I have had bigger pancakes than this one, but nothing like this one. This was the most fluffy, moist, and cake-like pancake. The apples were perfectly placed in the pancake and were seasoned and cooked to perfection. My mom literally ate two bites, and I ate the REST. I would eat a bite and eat some more and I would put it down, and say ok I am done. I feel sick. But somehow that fork kept getting picked up by MY hand and placed into MY mouth. Eventually the whole thing was gone. I then washed it all down with my fresh squeezed orange juice.
This was in fact hands down, best breakfast joint I have ever gone too. Soon enough my "fullness" hit me like a giant rock. When I got home I took a 3 hour nap hoping that after that I would feel great. Oh no, there was still a rock in my stomach. ANYWHO. The stomach pains were totally worth it, and I would do it again and hope to do it again!!

Baby Barnaby's
602 Fairview Street
Houston, TX 77006

NEXT POST: My 21st birthday! Be on the look out!

Laney

3 comments:

  1. Check that blog layout:) Very cute! Breakfast is my favorite meal! Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to know what exercises you do that let you eat that way. Because I have to eat carrots and work out 4-5 times a week just to lose 1 lb.

    I really really miss terrible greasy dripping food

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh-I HAVE to try this restaurant before I leave!! AHHH! You cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete